The Electronics Group (EGL), based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, is home to the UK’s largest independent IPC and electronics training centre. Our training centre is fully equipped to provide a range of theory and practical training courses. Our team of Master IPC Trainers are qualified to the IPC standards and combined with their wealth of industry knowledge and experiences, provide an unrivalled training experience.
How can we deliver training?
- At our training centre
- Remotely (selected courses)
- At your facility
IPC Training and Standards Explained
IPC is a global organisation developing international quality standards and training courses for the electronics industry.
There are five main industry-developed and approved IPC certificated courses.
Two of them are process ‘how to do’ courses (J-STD-001 and 7711/7721), and three of them are acceptance ‘how to check’ courses (A-600, A-610 & WHMA-A-620); they are each appropriate to different stages of the manufacturing process:
CIT, CIS or CSE?
The levels of Certification offered by The Electronics Group are:
- CIT – Certified IPC Trainer
- As a Trainer, you will be taught by an MIT – Master IPC Trainer how to train others in the relevant discipline(s).
- CIS – Certified IPC Specialist
- You will be Certified as an Application Specialist meaning you can apply the knowledge covered on your course to your work.
- CSE – Certified Standards Expert
- You will be Certified as a Standards Expert meaning you hold a level of Certification similar to that of an IPC Trainer but do not have to train individuals in order to Recertify.
What are the business benefits of IPC Accreditation?
IPC standards, skills and knowledge provide a number of clear benefits for the business:
- Where standards are vital to win contracts
- Reduce costs through improved quality
- Increase productivity from improved skills
- Improved technical knowledge to solve problems
- Better teamwork through common understandings
- Improve efficiency through simplified procedures
- Minimise costs by getting it right first time
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Enhance your reputation in the marketplace
- Reduced outsourcing errors on received PCBs
There are also clear individual benefits:
- A professional certification
- Increased credibility
- Increased job confidence
The Electronics Group is uniquely equipped to support the UK’s electronics industry.
The range of industrial sectors where IPC training is relevant is huge. Any organisation that makes printed circuit boards, electronic assemblies, or wire harnesses, or which buys such items in and needs to quality check them, will benefit from an IPC course. Typical industries include:
- Oil and Gas
- Industrial control
- and many more…